menu shortcut

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KJ3
Level 1
Level 1

menu shortcut

Post by KJ3 »

I usually change it so the meta (windows key) opens the menu but on Mint 20.1 / Mate once I set this it does not work.
matemenu.png
I notice that if I check the Control Center - Hardware - Keyboard Shortcuts the items there use Mod4 instead of Super Meta L, maybe this points to something but I can't figure what it would be to sync them up. The Menu Preferences don't let you type, it just grabs the key you press and interprets it.

I'm able to use the same key for keyboard shortcuts in combination with other keys and it works appropriately. The option for the general menu doesn't appear to be available under Keyboard Shortcuts so it's only on the Menu Preferences.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rudar
Level 2
Level 2

Re: menu shortcut

Post by rudar »

A long time ago, using Mate 1.16 on Debian 9, I wanted to open my Mate Menu with Super-L button instead of Alt+F1. I applied the following procedure.

First click Applications. Then chose System Tools.

Then chose, one after another: dconfeditor-mate-marco-global keybindings-panel main menu-Custom Value-Super_L (it means: type down Super_L in the window called Custom Value).

After that Log out, Log in and I managed to activate Menu with Super_L button. I suppose you could chose any other button to open Menu, if you wish, just type it down in the final window that opens.

Return to “MATE”