Caja crash Mate that restart session

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ancucchi
Level 1
Level 1

Caja crash Mate that restart session

Post by ancucchi »

Hi,
I use from many year LinuxMintMate and today I make a brand new installation in my i7-7700k.
After the installation was finished, browsing my files in a secondary ext4 disk (that has no problem before reinstallation) caja crash mate that restart session.

From shell I check the name of folders and files that not present strange character and the privileges are good too.

So from the shell I installed MC (midnight commander) and browse again the folder, that crash caja and mate, without any problem.

What I can do? What I can check?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Level 1

Re: Caja crash Mate that restart session

Post by EverGreen »

Caja isn't that stable. I wouldn't give Caja crashes a second thought, unless the reproduce.

Can you reprduce yours?
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

ancucchi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:23 pm Hi,
I use from many year LinuxMintMate and today I make a brand new installation in my i7-7700k.
After the installation was finished, browsing my files in a secondary ext4 disk (that has no problem before reinstallation) caja crash mate that restart session.

From shell I check the name of folders and files that not present strange character and the privileges are good too.

So from the shell I installed MC (midnight commander) and browse again the folder, that crash caja and mate, without any problem.

How is this drive mounted?
In a terminal run the following:

Code: Select all

blkid
then:

cat /etc/fstab
copy paste those results back here.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
ancucchi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ancucchi »

EverGreen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:15 am Caja isn't that stable. I wouldn't give Caja crashes a second thought, unless the reproduce.

Can you reprduce yours?
After a week, a used another time the computer, make new update and the problem disappear...
all41 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:36 am
ancucchi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:23 pm Hi,
How is this drive mounted?
In a terminal run the following:

blkid
then:

cat /etc/fstab
copy paste those results back here.
1. the drive "SDB_2T" is mounted from the File Explorer of Caja when it needs:

blkid
/dev/sdb1: LABEL="SDB_2T" UUID="aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaae" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="11111111111"
/dev/sdc1: LABEL="SDC_2T" UUID="bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="22222222222"
/dev/sdd1: LABEL="SDD_4T" UUID="ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc7" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="333333333333333333333333333333333333"
/dev/sda1: LABEL="Riservato per il sistema" UUID="dddddddddddddddd" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="44444444444"
/dev/sda2: LABEL="W10" UUID="eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="55555555555"
/dev/sda3: UUID="ffffffffffffffff" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="66666666666"
/dev/sda4: UUID="gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="77777777777"

cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
# / was on /dev/sda4 during installation
UUID= gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
/swapfile                                 none            swap    sw              0       0

Return to “MATE”