NO Screensaver Configuration

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
caltrop4
Level 1
Level 1

NO Screensaver Configuration

Post by caltrop4 »

I started with Mint Mate 18, skipped 19, now using 20.1
went through about half a dozen laptops...
got a Dell Latitude now, here's hoping...

and in all that time there is still no configuration to be found for the screensaver

I usually install X-Screensaver and make it the default
it has configuration right there in the GUI

Mint Mate has some newer enhancement that I like, but FlatPaks... ooo...
eats up disk space fast if you have a smallish drive
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Re: NO Screensaver Configuration

Post by darkstrike »

Huh?

I have Mint MATE 20.1 on my laptop. I have installed NOTHING related to screensavers and have a screensaver config built in...?

I just search for 'Screensaver' in the Menu and there it is...? You can select a screensaver, set the idle time, set whether it locks the PC if screensaver activates, etc...?
DeathDancer
Level 2
Level 2

Re: NO Screensaver Configuration

Post by DeathDancer »

I know, the Mate-screensaver is a holdover from the old Gnome 2 days, and the Gnome 2 developers cut out several configuration settings upon development. Mate-screensaver uses Xscreensavers modules but lacks the settings to configure them. As a result many Xscreensavers modules will not work properly. A text file can be made to fix the issue, but I don't remember how it works any more. So I use Xscreensaver and disable the Mate-screensaver as a result. I Am sorry to say that I doubt that the Mate-screensaver will be changed anytime soon.
Come over to the Darkside (we have Cookies).

Return to “MATE”