[SOLVED]'window list' and 'show desktop' applets keep crashing 20.1

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rubin_Farr
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED]'window list' and 'show desktop' applets keep crashing 20.1

Post by Rubin_Farr »

Hi all. I recently installed 20.1 MATE and enjoying it so far except for this annoyance. Every few days or so I get the message that my 'window list' panel applet has stopped working except it keeps working and my 'show desktop' button goes away. It usually happens when I'm switching between windows.

If I remember correctly sometimes it does accurately say that the 'show desktop' button has stopped working.

But basically it's the 'show desktop' button that dies despite which message I get. I never had this issue on previous LM MATE versions so I'm sort of stumped. Any input welcome!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: 'window list' and 'show desktop' applets keep crashing 20.1

Post by mikeflan »

I have the show desktop app installed. Not sure why, because I almost never use it. I use Super-d instead.
I never have problems with the show desktop app. I just turned on 'peek at desktop on hover' and so far all is working fine on LM19.3 cinnamon.
Rubin_Farr
Level 2
Level 2

Re: 'window list' and 'show desktop' applets keep crashing 20.1

Post by Rubin_Farr »

Resetting to the panel defaults seems to have helped.

Return to “MATE”