Creating new folders on desktop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pinballfan
Level 2
Level 2

Creating new folders on desktop

Post by pinballfan »

I'm using Mate 19.2. When I click create new folder on the desktop, it doesn't automatically add it. It'll only show up if I click in and out of folders elsewhere, it seems to refresh it due to that. However, if I create a new folder somewhere else, it adds it instantly and I can drag it to the desktop no problem.

Is that normal?

Update: I saw this post: viewtopic.php?p=1813460#p1813460

When I clicked F5 it showed up immediately. After that I didn't have to press F5 at all. I guess if it plays up again I know what to press. It'd be good if there was a permanent fix.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pinballfan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Creating new folders on desktop

Post by pinballfan »

I think I solved the problem. In a folder I went to edit-preferences-media and then software. I changed the setting from open autorun prompt to open folder. It seemed to mess up every time I loaded a usb stick into it, and when writing/safely removing it seemed to block new folders from showing up until I refreshed it. So far I've not had that issue, and it was happening every time. Hopefully that has sorted it out for good.

Update: Got the problem again. It definitely has something to do with usb writing caja process.

Return to “MATE”