mate 20.2 several issues with the panel bar

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Noal
Level 2
Level 2

mate 20.2 several issues with the panel bar

Post by Noal »

its the small things that count,and i got some issues,with a couple large "button"
my panel bar is about 4 lines high, meaning i have 4 browser each row,and 3 icon to the right,as well as 2x2 workspaces,and thats where the issues start
45" screen in a 4k res

as first next to the mint button are a couple things that i could remove,other i want to shrink,and be able to set a dozen other.
i tried to find a way todo so but couldnt,i cant get that thumb sized home & terminal button to a small size,and share that space with about 12 other things, like 4 browsertypes (yes i use that many,and have steady about 320 pages open,call it business)
is there a option that i missed,i tried panel stuff,i deleted some.(dont wanne delete those two..)

same for the right side, all my icons sort well, 3 down each and several rows, but not the connection and sound button,they demand a spot on their own. can i please get a option there too , they are large,in the middle ,and i would prefer if they get in line with the others,small and just behave. the other one with the patch sign,i hid to a degree that it only pops up if a patch is up..thats fine

i can handle conf editing,or the ususal terminal things, what i cant handle is graphic editing,its not my forte.
and no i dont toy with it, its my main OS now,i kinda want to make it "homey"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Mate 21 (kernel 6.2)
16/32 core, 128 GB ram, 3 M.2 2-8 TB, 7 SSD 2-8 TB, 3HDD 16 TB (adapter), 1Gb dsl, pcloud 54tb

Return to “MATE”