Resetting MATE Terminal to be a Preferred Application

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kittenlikeasmallcat
Level 1
Level 1

Resetting MATE Terminal to be a Preferred Application

Post by kittenlikeasmallcat »

I've been trying to reset my preferred applications after making the mistake of changing one of them to something else. MATE Terminal does not appear in the drop-down list under the terminal emulator heading, and afaik never has.
It's set to Tilda right now, but I don't use that as my primary terminal, and I'd like to have my hotkey bring up MATE terminal again. I guess I could set the hotkey manually, but I'm trying to figure this out from the root. I have tried uninstalling tilda.
I have been hearing something vague about mimeapps.list in ~/.config, but there isn't anything in there about terminals. I'm also looking into update-alternatives, but that's a little over my head atm so I figured I'd ask for help with fixing this. Is there any other relevant info I can give? Am I barking up the right tree? Thanks in advance.
I'm on Mint Uma MATE 64-bit.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kittenlikeasmallcat
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Resetting MATE Terminal to be a Preferred Application

Post by kittenlikeasmallcat »

My "solution" to this is replacing it with Terminator wholesale, since I was fiddling with tmux in MATE terminal to begin with.

Return to “MATE”