Need help adding new Keybindings.

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
floweringmind
Level 2
Level 2

Need help adding new Keybindings.

Post by floweringmind » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:28 pm

Is there anyway to replace the current gnome keybinding system? It totally sucks. For starters it only has a few things you can keybind. Second there is no way to add new keybindings. Third I can't switch a default app to another app. So I can't make a different filemanager my default one.

Is there a replacement to the gnome keybinding system?

floweringmind
Level 2
Level 2

Keytouch

Post by floweringmind » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Found the answer: sudo apt-get install keytouch

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KeyTouch

antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Need help adding new Keybindings.

Post by antiquexray » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:43 am

floweringmind wrote:Is there anyway to replace the current gnome keybinding system? It totally sucks. For starters it only has a few things you can keybind. Second there is no way to add new keybindings. Third I can't switch a default app to another app. So I can't make a different filemanager my default one.

Is there a replacement to the gnome keybinding system?
How's this for a noob question; what is keybinding?

Matteran
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Matteran » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:49 am

key binding is creating keyboard shortcuts customized to the way that you would like to work.

If you want to change the binding for common functions, like copy and paste (Ctrl + C/V) or if you want to create a keyboard shortcut for a less used function, for opening a program, or virtually anything.

antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Matteran wrote:key binding is creating keyboard shortcuts customized to the way that you would like to work.

If you want to change the binding for common functions, like copy and paste (Ctrl + C/V) or if you want to create a keyboard shortcut for a less used function, for opening a program, or virtually anything.
Thanks

Return to “MATE”