screen lock is a pain

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zipidachimp
Level 2
Level 2

screen lock is a pain

Post by zipidachimp »

how can I prevent the screen from locking after an extended pause. it's becoming a major PITA . thanks. :evil:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: screen lock is a pain

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

It's under screensaver preference

regards,
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Click the Mint button > Control Center > Screensaver, then uncheck Lock screen when when screensaver is active
zipidachimp
Level 2
Level 2

Re: screen lock is a pain SOLVED

Post by zipidachimp »

you are all too kind!! :D :D
walterav

Post by walterav »

Can Clem please take notice of this security "through obscurity" feature for the next LinuxMint10?

I think there is a higher risk in a drive-by infection because of" Adobe Flash player" is in the Firefox Browser than someone in your office or home hijacking your keyboard. Also having to type the "sudo, incase of no extra users" password many times "5 minutes occurs allot" for unlocking the session doesn't lower the chance of shoulder surfing.

This is the only annoying post-install setting that I and allot of other people need to have disabled after a fresh install of LinuxMint. If you give LinuxMint away to a total noob, this is the only confronting show stopper. People might even lose works because of this feature!
Besides this pita, LinuxMint is completely finished just after install and usable for real noobs.

Is it a good idea to start a Poll for disabling screenlock preference?
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

walterav wrote:Also having to type the "sudo, incase of no extra users" password many times "5 minutes occurs allot" for unlocking the session doesn't lower the chance of shoulder surfing.
..incase of no extra users" password many times
I think you might mean no separate enabled root password, as the default Ubuntu/Mint installation, is giving away your own password because of shoulder surfing
  • You could use a long random password or a OTP (One Time Pad) session, which would solve that problem
http://forum.yubico.com/viewtopic.php?f ... a&start=10
--or a dongle/usb key..

Return to “MATE”