Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Desktop icons ...

Post by tenfoot »

Hi!

I'm almost to the point where my preferred distro will be LinuxMINT - ditching openSUSE 10.3.

However, one thing I cannot find out is how to resize Desktop icons to a smaller size. I've searched and searched without success.

Will some kind person let me know the secret, please?

Regards from New Zealand on a very wet Monday evening.

Zed

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Desktop icons ...

Post by scorp123 »

tenfoot wrote: However, one thing I cannot find out is how to resize Desktop icons to a smaller size
I assume you use the GNOME edition, the Mint "full" release? You can right-click on an icon and then select "stretch icon" and then expand or reduce the size as you need.

tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Desktop icons ...

Post by tenfoot »

scorp123 wrote:
tenfoot wrote: However, one thing I cannot find out is how to resize Desktop icons to a smaller size
I assume you use the GNOME edition, the Mint "full" release? You can right-click on an icon and then select "stretch icon" and then expand or reduce the size as you need.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using the full release of Celena and rather like the Menu structure. Have resized the two default icons but the mind boggle at adding more, unless it is possible to resize more than one at a time. I much ,prefer the KDE way of achieving this task.

Regards from New Zealand on a pleasant but windy Tuesday morning.

Tenfoot

Return to “MATE”