Session manager doesn't save settings

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Session manager doesn't save settings

Post by hoppel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi, I have a problem with the Gnome session manager: I use it to start Miranda with WINE regularly at system startup. It is working, but every time Miranda doesn't appear in the tray. Instead WINE opens a tiny window with the tray icon in it. This does not happen when starting Miranda manually. So I already got the hint that I should change the session manager settings, to make Miranda start later. So I changed the boot priority, but the session manager 'forgets' those settings. After a reboot Miranda again has a boot priority of 50. I tried to change the settings with root privileges, but that didn't help.
Any help?

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Session manager doesn't save settings

Post by Husse » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:07 am

It should remember the setting, but it may be that something running in Wine gets the start priority of Wine
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Session manager doesn't save settings

Post by hoppel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:25 pm

It should remember the setting, but it may be that something running in Wine gets the start priority of Wine
No. I have the same problem with another (native Linux) program. A friend of mine guessed, that the file, where those informations are stored, maybe is write protected. But I do not know, which file this is. Do you know it?

Return to “MATE”