Different themes, different workspaces

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Captain Brillo

Different themes, different workspaces

Post by Captain Brillo »

Can I do this somehow?
Set up Cinnamon so I can tell what workspace I'm in from the theme I've set?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lazarus

Re: Different themes, different workspaces

Post by lazarus »

I don't know about setting up different themes, but it should be possible with different backgrounds.

A simple script running in the background, checking the workspace every few seconds or so and switching backdrops to match.

(Changing themes are probably possible this way, but I'm unsure on what overheads that would incur.)

The script here viewtopic.php?t=118540#p672189 might give you some ideas. It may be possible to substitute the call to org.gnome.desktop.background with a call to org.cinnamon.theme along with passing appropriate parameters. I've no clue what they are, though, as I haven't had cause to look them up...

I'd suggest reposting this question in the Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper part of the forum, where you're more likely to pique the interest of someone who 'knows their stuff.' :wink:

Return to “Cinnamon”