Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Aotuhm
Level 1
Level 1

Disable Ctrl+Alt bringing window popup menu

Post by Aotuhm » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:35 am

Greetings,

Mint has been my OS for a few years now, and I never had this issue before. Right now I'm using Linux Mint 19 Tara, and the problem is that whenever I press ctrl+alt it brings a popup menu with options like minimize, unmaximize, move... This menu was linked to the ctrl+middle mouse button sequence, but I disabled it in the window configuration menu. I've looked everywhere (keyboard shortcut configuration, window configuration and other settings) but I can't disable it. To me at least, the menu is useless, and I need that key sequence for certain programs I'm using. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me.

PS: I can't give a visual of the mentioned menu because it lays on top of everything until I click somewhere else (so no print screen is allowed).

Thank you

smurphos
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Disable Ctrl+Alt bringing window popup menu

Post by smurphos » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:41 pm

This menu? If so it's the entry as shown in the screenshot in the keyboard module - Windows > Activate Window menu.

Default should be Alt-Space...

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Aotuhm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aotuhm » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Thank you, that solved the problem. But it's a little odd because I'm sure I disabled the function.

PS: How could you take a screenshot with that menu active?

Thanks again.

smurphos
Level 11
Level 11

Post by smurphos » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:46 am

Hi,

I use this Cinnamon applet for screenshots and recordings - https://github.com/rjanja/desktop-capture - which allows for delayed screenshots.

But you can do the same by just launching Screenshot from the menu and manually setting a delay to allow you to 'setup' the screenshot.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Aotuhm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Aotuhm » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:14 am

Thank you again for your help, that was very useful :wink:

Return to “Cinnamon”