changing workspace when going to the corner of monitor using the mouse

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
danilobatistaqueiroz
Level 1
Level 1

changing workspace when going to the corner of monitor using the mouse

Post by danilobatistaqueiroz »

Is there a feature to switch workspaces like changing desktop when using two monitors? (in this case I want using one monitor)
When I have two monitors, I can move my mouse to a corner of monitor to switch to another monitor.
Is there any functionality to switch to another workspace when moving the mouse to a corner of monitor, when using only one monitor?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Re: changing workspace when going to the corner of monitor using the mouse

Post by rickNS »

danilobatistaqueiroz wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:43 pm
Is there any functionality to switch to another workspace when moving the mouse to a corner of monitor, when using only one monitor?
I'm not sure if "one monitor" makes any difference. I also not a Cinnamon user, but do have a virtual one.

Did you try System Settings > Hot Corners

I just did this.
ss220527-184251.jpg
and got this.
ss220527-184503.jpg
The corner seems to be a pretty small area. probably easier to hit on bare metal (full screen).

There is also the panel applet "workspace switcher", but it does take up a lot of real estate on the panel, not ideal.

And what about the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + left/right (my favorite way)
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: changing workspace when going to the corner of monitor using the mouse

Post by Hoser Rob »

rickNS wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:56 pm ... There is also the panel applet "workspace switcher", but it does take up a lot of real estate on the panel, not ideal....
Yeah, it does take up space on the panel, but having multiplle workspaces frees up enough panel space that it's not a ptoblem for me.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Cinnamon”