Black Title bars in Cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
MattDobson
Level 1
Level 1

Black Title bars in Cinnamon

Post by MattDobson »

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with Cinnamon installed and when evere I restart Cinnamon or the shell crashes and restarts my title bars change to an ugly inverted colour. The title bars go black like this:

Anyone know how to fix this when it happens or get it to stop. I am using an ATI card if that helps.

cweiske
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Black Title bars in Cinnamon

Post by cweiske »

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 12.04 and Cinnamon 1.4 and also have an AMD ATI card.

Sometimes the window's title bar is a gradient from black (top) to red (bottom), or black to blue.

cariyawa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cariyawa »

I have the same problem. I have flgrx installed. I tried to remove it and the result is the same.

salvatos
Level 1
Level 1

Post by salvatos »

Same issue on Ubuntu 12.04 with an nVidia card. A fix would be nice, until then here's the workaround I use:

Cinnamon Settings > Themes > Other Settings
Switch the GTK+ Theme to anything and back to your regular one

(Menu item names may differ, I'm not using the English interface.)

I referenced this thread on github to make sure the devs see the issue: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/688

bebber
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bebber »

I had this problem for a short time after installing LM 13 Cinnamon. It disappeared after the system had done a few updates, and I'd installed the NVIDIA driver (not sure which of these fixed the problem). I guess running an update/upgrade might work?

Return to “Cinnamon”