Workspace switching via mouse wheel – how?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aelfinn

Workspace switching via mouse wheel – how?

Post by aelfinn »

I’d like to be able to switch between workspaces by using a keyboard shortcut, such as Win-2, as was possible in Gnome 2. Also, desktop-based switching with your mouse wheel would be nice. Any chance I can do this with Cinnamon?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Workspace switching via kb shortcut – how?

Post by remoulder »

Ctrl+Alt+<arrow keyt> Looking under Keyboard > Shortcuts might have been quicker!
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
aelfinn

Re: Workspace switching via kb shortcut – how?

Post by aelfinn »

remoulder wrote:Ctrl+Alt+<arrow keyt> Looking under Keyboard > Shortcuts might have been quicker!
Thanks, I remember having seen those options before, now. Putting all this stuff in lots of different places sure isn’t helping, though…

Any chance for mouse wheel–based switching?
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Workspace switching via mouse wheel – how?

Post by palo »

With the Workspacer switcher applet installed - hover with your mouse and... well... turn the wheel.

Return to “Cinnamon”