<solved> thanks for the the help!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
lizbeth
Level 4
Level 4

<solved> thanks for the the help!

Post by lizbeth »

Can's find one on the list of cinnamon apps. anyone care to write one? I really hate all the space the current window space takes up. I have seen all the apps available and none of them gives a true window list like we used to have in gnome 2. That was one of my favorite apps.

I also noticed cinnamon only gives me two desktops and no way to add more? I need like 6 or so on the regular.

Anyone have good news? :?:
Last edited by lizbeth on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Re: cinnamon app the gives me a menu list of open windows?

Post by caribriz »

lizbeth wrote:I also noticed cinnamon only gives me two desktops and no way to add more? I need like 6 or so on the regular.
Enable Hot Corner in Cinnamon Settings.
Enable Workspace switcher applet in Cinnamon Settings > Applets

Click on the Hot Corner.
A plus sign will appear on the far right of the desktop, click it, and keep on clicking it to get as many desktops as you want.
To delete any desktops, again click the Hot Corner, hover over a desktop and then click the close button on top right corner of the desktop
you wish to delete.

caribriz
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)
odo5435
Level 4
Level 4

Post by odo5435 »

caribriz wrote:Enable Hot Corner in Cinnamon Settings.Enable Workspace switcher applet in Cinnamon Settings > AppletsClick on the Hot Corner.A plus sign will appear on the far right of the desktop, click it, and keep on clicking it to get as many desktops as you want.To delete any desktops, again click the Hot Corner, hover over a desktop and then click the close button on top right corner of the desktopyou wish to delete.
Well there you go, as easy as that. How come I missed that in the instructions? Oh wait, where are the instructions?
LinuxMint 14 'Nadia' 64-bit dual boot with Win' 7
Kernel: Linux 3.5.0-17-generic (x86_64) >< Cinnamon
lizbeth
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lizbeth »

Thanks! :mrgreen:
caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by caribriz »

odo5435 wrote: How come I missed that in the instructions? Oh wait, where are the instructions?
Legitimate question ....
I only learned about it by stumbling onto another post on the forum ... "as you do" :wink:

caribriz
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)

Return to “Cinnamon”