System Monitor applet?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vincegata

System Monitor applet?

Post by vincegata »

Hi,

I am looking for a system monitor applet for Cinnamon, I do not see it in panel add-ons. Could someone recommend where can I get one if it exists. I am on Ubuntu 12.10 Cinnamon 1.6.3 (I think).

Thanks.
zerozero

Re: System Monitor applet?

Post by zerozero »

vincegata

Post by vincegata »

Thank you.
MrD

Post by MrD »

I cannot get any of the applets to run properly that are found there.

Graphical Hardware Monitor
System Monitor

When I attempt to make them run, the Update Manager, Battery and Tomboy (and other applets) flash briefly, as if the applet I have chosen to appear attempts to share the same space.

I've seen word that other people are having problems, but I've not seen a solution?

I want a task manager to check what is running high cpu/ram and kill specific apps. I have Task Killer applet running, but it's shooting in the dark when my desktop seizes up.
vincegata

Post by vincegata »

I agree, it is all buggy.

I like Multi-Core System Monitor which ran on Ubuntu 12.10, now I went to 12.04 and the applet does not work here.
jmss
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jmss »

5 years after and there are still no good applets for CPU and network monitoring in Cinnamon...
bilfrank
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bilfrank »

Best I have found is the Mate System Monitor. Just apt-get mate-system-monitor and then search for the launcher, mine was in /usr/share/app-install/desktop I just created a launcher in the xfce panel for it. The monitor is very similar to the old monitor in Ubuntu prior to 12.04 and beats many of the monitors that come 'stock'.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Welcome bilfrank!
This thread is old as dirt, and should be allowed its eternal rest now; I'm locking it.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”