Icons missing in the taskbar and start menu (SOLVED)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hunter2451

Icons missing in the taskbar and start menu (SOLVED)

Post by Hunter2451 »

Hello! I am very new to linux, I have very little expierence with Ubuntu, and this is my first time trying Linux Mint.

I am running Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64-bit. Everything installed and ran perfectly fine, but then I updated everything. After the update I restarted my pc, and when everything loaded back up, all of my taskbar icons were invisible. I could highlight and click the items and everything. But the icons are gone. It's not included in the screenshot but the icons are missing in the start menu aswell. I have tried so many things. I can fix it temporarily by changing the pixel height of the menu, and then switching themes back and forth multiple times. But this only fixes it until I restart again.
I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I am running a dual monitor setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Things I've tried:
Switching themes (temp fix for start menu)
Changing menu pixel height (temp fix for taskbar)
Installing QT4 and editing the theme settings (nothing)
Going to synaptic and reinstalling everything tagged with "icon" and "menu" (nothing)

Thanks.

EDIT: Installing my nvidia drivers fixed the problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheRoman

Re: Icons missing in the taskbar and start menu (SOLVED)

Post by TheRoman »

Thanks for posting the answer!

Return to “Cinnamon”