Cinnamon memory usage.

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mcgiorda

Cinnamon memory usage.

Post by mcgiorda »

Hello,

I'm a new at Linux Mint and I gave a try to Cinnamon.
What intrigued me is its memory usage. It surpass 400mb.

I can't take a screenshot (it's a issue, if someone knows how to fix it, please share).
Any tips?

Thanks everyone!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Cinnamon memory usage.

Post by Orbmiser »

mcgiorda wrote:Hello,

I'm a new at Linux Mint and I gave a try to Cinnamon.
What intrigued me is its memory usage. It surpass 400mb.

I can't take a screenshot (it's a issue, if someone knows how to fix it, please share).
Any tips?

Thanks everyone!
Why is it a issue and what makes you think that is abnormal? Are you running 64bit? That will use about 30% more compared to 32bit. How much memory do you have? On a limited system with limited ram shouldn't be running Cinnamon.
There are other lighter designed specifically for those kind of older systems.

Otherwise what applets or startup programs are you running? Issue can't take screenshot means something funky going on with your setup?
odu dan

Post by odu dan »

mcgiorda wrote: I can't take a screenshot (it's a issue, if someone knows how to fix it, please share).
Any tips?
Screenshots should go straight to your pictures folder named with the time/date you took the screenshot. I'm also new to Linux Mint, so that gave me some trouble to figure out after trying to "Paste" into GIMP to save the screenshot.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

There is also a screenshot applet for Cinnamon task bar. As well as many other helpful applets.
http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets

Return to “Cinnamon”