Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
vivancev
Level 1
Level 1

cinnamon menu streched

Postby vivancev » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm kinda new to linux, mint too. was using ubuntu for a while but didn't like it, cinnamon DE is way more acceptable for usage on a desktop computer than unity. so my apologies if this topic is in a wrong place or something...

So...
I got my mint 13 installed and updated and after the update my cinnamon menu got streched. It looks totally different than the menu before the update. Normal menu looks like this:
cinnamon_1-8-2.png

and mine looks like this:
cinammon_larger.jpg

It is streched with a lot of unused empty space on the right side. Any way to fix this? To shrink it? Make it look like default.

Please help.

P.S.

I would also like to translate cinnamon to my native language. It is translated but not completely and with errors. How to do this? And where?

Thanks in advance

nomko
Level 10
Level 10

Re: cinnamon menu streched

Postby nomko » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Did you installed some kind of theme?

Daniel4lm
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Daniel4lm » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:03 pm

You changed Cinnamon theme, that's it. I think it's an older theme that does not support Cinnamon 1.8.x ver. and the menu is a bit extended.

vivancev
Level 1
Level 1

Postby vivancev » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:57 am

No, no. even with the default theme it's extended. i just applied the other one becouse i like it better. this is happening with all themes. just don't know why. can i edit this somehow or something??

vivancev
Level 1
Level 1

Postby vivancev » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:59 am

and where can i translate cinnamon?? you know, submit translated text... on launchad?? where? anyone?

Return to “Cinnamon”