[LM13] Most settings not working after Cinnamon update!?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Enkidu
Level 1
Level 1

[LM13] Most settings not working after Cinnamon update!?

Post by Enkidu »

Hi all,

these days I recognized an update to a new cinnamon version. After this update, my shortkeys do not work anymore, I do not find themes setting and the really bad thing: energy settings do not work either! Means, I setup my laptop not to go to hibernate while closing it when power is connected. This is now just ignored.

What is going on!? Is this a known issue? How can I track down this issue?

Tnx in advance,
Enkidu
Linux Mint 16, 64bit, Cinnamon, fully encrypted (luks) on Lenovo Thinpad T520 (Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 750GB SSHD)

Scott65
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [LM13] Most settings not working after Cinnamon update!?

Post by Scott65 »

Look in your menu under Preferences and see if you have 2 icons for power. Use the one that looks like a battery and plug. (That's the new one)
Did you do the backport for Cinnamon 2.0? If you don't like the auto-backports, turn it off in update.

Enkidu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Enkidu »

Well... I now know my problem! I am using LM13 since its beginning. First Cinnamon versions used still Gnome settings ecc. Now there are Cinnamon settings used. But my menu entries refer to old gnome setting. :(

When I use Cinnamon settings, settings take effect! :)

But maybe someone knows how to add default Cinnamon menu entries to menu?

Cheers,
Enkidu
Linux Mint 16, 64bit, Cinnamon, fully encrypted (luks) on Lenovo Thinpad T520 (Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 750GB SSHD)

Scott65
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scott65 »

Yep you figured it out. You now have 2 settings. One for gnome and one for Cinnamon.

If you want to look at or customize the Menu: Right click on the Menu Mint leaf in Cinn. 2.0 and choose Configure...Open the Menu Editor... now you can add or edit Menu items.

Help that helps.

Enkidu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Enkidu »

Tnx. I know...

Only problem left: how can I change sreenshot application to shutter??? I always get that damned internal one disregarding keyboard settings. :(

Enkidu

Return to “Cinnamon”