[Solved]Mint-X Controls and Cinnamon Theme

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Kendoori
Level 4
Level 4

[Solved]Mint-X Controls and Cinnamon Theme

Post by Kendoori »

I'm trying to convert over my former Ubuntu Gnome desktop to something that more closely resembles Mint Petra without having to install Mint.

I've been mostly successful; however, the "controls" especially in certain dialog boxes seem off to me.

I had installed Mint Petra in a virtual machine and one difference between my two setups is that the Controls, as indicated in the Themes /Other Settings dialog doesn't have the "Mint-X" option, just "Mint-X-White." Is there a way to add the Mint-X "controls." What controls this? and where are the files/assets stored? Since I have an install of Petra, I could possibly move whatever files are necessary.

I have installed the Mint-X theme which was downloadable as a .deb file.
Selection_030.png
Selection_029.png
Last edited by Kendoori on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mint-X Controls and Cinnamon Theme

Post by austin.texas »

This page explains how the Controls work, and where files are stored.
http://shyloh.com/themes.html

It doesn't make any sense to me why you don't have Mint-X under Controls, if you installed the Mint-X .deb. Did you install it with gdebi ?
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Kendoori
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kendoori »

Thanks Austin!

I compared the contents of my /usr/share/themes/Mint-X folder on my Ubuntu + Cinnamon install with my Mint Petra install. The Ubuntu version (which is the one that's been having problems) is missing a bunch of elements. See the screenshot with the two side by side.

Any danger copying over the Petra version to Ubuntu?
Selection_035.png
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Kendoori wrote: I compared the contents of my /usr/share/themes/Mint-X folder on my Ubuntu + Cinnamon install with my Mint Petra install. The Ubuntu version (which is the one that's been having problems) is missing a bunch of elements. See the screenshot with the two side by side.

Any danger copying over the Petra version to Ubuntu?
Check to see that both operating systems use Cinnamon 2.0 (Petra does)
If Ubuntu also does, then you are good to go...
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Kendoori
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [Solved]Mint-X Controls and Cinnamon Theme

Post by Kendoori »

It seems that install Mint-X from the repos didn't completely install the whole them. Once I moved over all of the files/folders from my working Petra install to my Ubuntu install and logged out, it all worked properly. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Cinnamon”