Lost Cinnamon Menu icon. I want it back where it used to be

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
fernandocabral
Level 2
Level 2

Lost Cinnamon Menu icon. I want it back where it used to be

Post by fernandocabral »

Too quick clicking, I carelessly deleted the Menu icon that by default stands in the lower left corner of the screen (lower bar).
I managed to bring it back, but on the right side and with a different icon. Now, I can't figure out how to move it to the left corner.
Also, I can't figure out how to change back to the original icon.

Original icon was a cog, now it is the linux mint logo.

Any hints most appreciated.
noXter
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Lost Cinnamon Menu icon. I want it back where it used to

Post by noXter »

Hi,
right-click on panel and toggle the "edit mode" (I'm not sure if it's called that in english though) - after that you can drag the menu applet where you want it. After you are happy with the placement, just toggle of the edit mode again. To change the icon, right-click it and go to settings and there set a path to icon you want (if you don't know where the original is, try to find something on the internet - my original icon IS LM logo, not cog).

Hope that helps.
Peace
Machine: Fujitsu Siemens LifeBook E8310 || CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00GHz || RAM: 3 GB || GPU: Intel Mobile GM965/GL960 || Audio: Intel 82801H || WiFi: Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AGN
OS: Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 32bit || Windows Vista (not using it)
fernandocabral
Level 2
Level 2

Post by fernandocabral »

noXter wrote:Hi,
right-click on panel and toggle the "edit mode" (I'm not sure if it's called that in english though) - after that you can drag the menu applet where you want it. After you are happy with the placement, just toggle of the edit mode again. To change the icon, right-click it and go to settings and there set a path to icon you want (if you don't know where the original is, try to find something on the internet - my original icon IS LM logo, not cog).

Hope that helps.
Peace
This did work. Easy, but not obvious, because we can move the application icons on the bar without playing with this option. So, why some icons will move regardless of the edition option, and others will not? Is it an applet x application issue?

Thank you.
noXter
Level 1
Level 1

Post by noXter »

Actually you can move for example quick launcher icons within the quick launcher applet - if you turn on edit mode, you will move the whole quick launcher applet (and not just individual icons in it). Same goes for few other applets like window list.
Machine: Fujitsu Siemens LifeBook E8310 || CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T7300 @ 2.00GHz || RAM: 3 GB || GPU: Intel Mobile GM965/GL960 || Audio: Intel 82801H || WiFi: Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AGN
OS: Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 32bit || Windows Vista (not using it)

Return to “Cinnamon”