Move to monitor issue

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
marx404
Level 1
Level 1

Move to monitor issue

Post by marx404 »

I have an ATI Radeon HD card with a Samsung 19" monitor (monitor 1) connect thru DVI and also a Sony WEGA HD TV (monitor 2) connected via S-Video.
I do not have them mirrored, so only the wallpaper is shown on the TV (monitor 2) and the menu bar is only on monitor 1.

I open Google Chrome and then r-click on the menu bar and select "move to monitor 2" ok, the browser switches to my TV (monitor 2) as expected. Then I go back to monitor 1 and select "move to monitor 1". Chrome browser moves back to monitor 1.

After that, when I open Chrome browser again, it defaults to monitor 2 (TV) every time. Even with the TV off.

After installing LM 17, this did not happen. I was able to toggle the browser back and forth between monitors without any issues.
So far my resolution is to disable monitor 2 in Displays. What is my fix for this or should I have to be enabling / disabling the monitor 2 every time I use it?
marx404
marx404
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Move to monitor issue

Post by marx404 »

Ok, let me simplify as no answers yet. I tend to ramble to explain with as much detail, sorry.

In a nutshell, if I move a window from Monitor 1 to monitor 2, and then back to monitor 1, the window always defaults to monitor 2 afterwards.

Thanks.
marx404

Return to “Cinnamon”