WINE program icons

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
greyskier
Level 2
Level 2

WINE program icons

Post by greyskier » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:30 pm

I hope I'm using the correct terminology here. I've just switched to Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon from Linux Mint 17 Mate due to a conflict between Mate and my CPU. After getting all of my programs reinstalled and running I'm finding that programs that run under WINE do not display the icon of the program but rather have a WINE Windows icon. This is in the panel at the bottom of the screen where running program windows are displayed. As I may have several programs running under WINE at the same time it makes it harder to tell at a glance which window is which. The Mate desktop did not have this issue. Does anyone know how I get Cinnamon to display the correct icon?

Riko
Level 3
Level 3

Re: WINE program icons

Post by Riko » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem under Gnome Shell. It seems to be a issue of the icon theme. Try to switch the theme and see if the correct icons are displayed. I'm currently using the Numix icon theme which works fine. Also works under Cinnamon.

Cheers!

greyskier
Level 2
Level 2

Post by greyskier » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:49 pm

I tried switching themes, even installed Numix desktop theme, but all I can get it to change is to show a wineglass instead of the WINE Windows icon.

Flemur
Level 17
Level 17

Post by Flemur » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Try
$ winecfg -> Desktop Integration -> install a theme.

Just a guess...
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

greyskier
Level 2
Level 2

Post by greyskier » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:02 am

OK I installed a theme in WINE but that didn't help. I really think the problem lies with the Cinnamon desktop and how it is dealing with .exe programs because the Mint desktop works fine.

Return to “Cinnamon”