Page 1 of 1

Window List Missing Some Programs

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:11 pm
by thw
Running Mint 17.3: I can see four of five active programs in the Window List applet. When using Alt+Tab I can see all five.

Is there some method for hiding specific programs from the Window List and is there a way to add missing programs back to the Window List applet?

The missing program was in the Window List yesterday. I am not familiar if there is some key macro that can be performed to remove it from the Window List, even if the program is restarted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! The only similar forums I can find are telling folks to add the Window List applet to the panel, but that would not be the issue here.

Re: Window List Missing Some Programs

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:17 am
by all41
Perhaps you have some active windows open in other workspaces.
Ctrl+Alt + right/left arrow buttons to change workspaces.
You can right click on the windows list and choose to make visible on all workspaces
or move to another workspace.

Re: Window List Missing Some Programs

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:18 am
by Cosmo.
thw wrote:Is there some method for hiding specific programs from the Window List
Move it to another workspace as all41 described.
thw wrote:and is there a way to add missing programs back to the Window List applet?

The missing program was in the Window List yesterday.
What precisely do you miss?

Do see programs in other workspaces you can use one of this 2 methods:
Press instead of alt-tab ctrl-alt-tab
Click the Window Quick List icon in the panel.

Re: Window List Missing Some Programs

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:28 am
by austin.texas
Cosmo. wrote:Do see programs in other workspaces you can use one of this 2 methods:
Press instead of alt-tab ctrl-alt-tab
Click the Window Quick List icon in the panel.
In Cinnamon - third method: mouse to the Hot Corner (default is top left corner)

Re: Window List Missing Some Programs

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 pm
by eladhen
This thread is relevant for your question:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 98&start=0


It seems to me there's a bug in the new thumbnail feature of the window list applet.