Tray at bottom left of screen

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ampers

Tray at bottom left of screen

Post by ampers »

Before I discuss my problem, I'm from a few years of Ubuntu, and must say, I prefer Linux Mint well over Ubuntu now that they seem to be concentrating on tablets and phones.

Now to my problem.

I had trouble with the left hand tray where I added the programs I used most. All of a sudden none of them would open and I had to use the menu.

So I deleted the tray, but going through the applets, couldn't ascertain which one to use, and now wonder if it isn't an applet, but something else entirely.

Although I have all my applets on the right hand side OK, there is absolutely nothing showing on the left.

Can anyone help a Linus Mint noobee please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Tray at bottom left of screen

Post by Cosmo. »

At the beginning some definitions; this is for preventing misunderstandings and confusions.

"Tray" is a special applet, by default placed near the right end of the panel, where other programs may set their icons. After a new installation you will find the icon for the update manager there.

What you most likely mean is the panel launcher. Add it with the applet settings.

I cannot quote follow with "absolutely nothing showing on the left". Where is your menu (which you obviously used)? A screen shot of your panel might probably help for better understanding the situation.

You should also tell us the version of Mint you use.

Return to “Cinnamon”