Dropbox Settings - How To Access

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Annoyingduck

Dropbox Settings - How To Access

Post by Annoyingduck »

I installed Dropbox and it appears to be working fine. However, after the initial setup that had a Dropbox GUI screen appear, I can no longer access the settings for Dropbox in order to change my destination folder. Basically there is a menu entry for the Dropbox app in the main menu - when clicking it nothing happens. And there is the indicator icon in the panel that "should" have a right click menu/settings option, but it does nothing - it only indicates if its syncing or not. So how do I access the Dropbox settings in Mint 17.3 Cinnamon and get the Dropbox GUI to appear again? Or in Linux is there not an option like in Windows to click or right click the panel indicator to access these settings?
BlackVeils

Re: Dropbox Settings - How To Access

Post by BlackVeils »

i recently saw there is some bug with dropbox. open the Terminal program, copy and paste the following command in, then press Enter key:

Code: Select all

dropbox stop && DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="" dropbox start
does it now work properly?
Embridioum

Post by Embridioum »

BlackVeils wrote:

Code: Select all

dropbox stop && DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="" dropbox start
does it now work properly?
I have the same issue. This solution does not help.
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

i should have said, that it is not meant as a fix to run that command, but as a test. it should stop and then restart dropbox.. without the bug present.
Embridioum

Post by Embridioum »

This is still an issue, on both my computers running Mint.
When right-clicking the Dropbox icon in the bar I get two options: About and Configure.
Pressing Configure gives me the settings for the system tray.
babyslim

Post by babyslim »

Hi! Try the following:

menu button > type "general" and enter. (get into Cinnamon's general configuration).
under "other options", deactivate the option "activate support for indicators (requires cinnamon restart)".

Reboot.

How does it work now?

Cheers!
Deb.-
robinstent

Post by robinstent »

I had exactly the same issue. Using the suggestion above of switching off the indicators setting worked for me, so I can now access the Dropbox settings via the icon next to the clock. However clicking the item on the Mint menu still appears to do nothing.
sadi
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sadi »

A possible fix can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=248347
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Cinnamon”