Does Bluetooth work on Mint 18 Cinnamon?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
flurbius
Level 1
Level 1

Does Bluetooth work on Mint 18 Cinnamon?

Post by flurbius » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:48 pm

I can confirm the problem exists - at least for me.
I am running Mint 18 on a Dell inspiron 11-3147
Cinnamon 3.0.7 Kernel 4.4.0-34-Generic (btw - confused cant I just use ctrl-c to copy the text displayed on the System Info applet)

I also have a logitech x100 external bluetooth speaker
I can usually connect the two but only after about 30 minutes of removing, re-pairing, re-setting sound preferences and re-booting.
I have yet to find a regular pattern or cause but the problem manifests in different ways
Sometimes it connects and there is no sound coming out of the speaker
Sometimes it connects momentarily and then the speaker powers down
Sometimes it refuses to connect
At the moment it is connected but will only do so as a headset and use the crappy HSP/HFP quality output - as soon as i go into the sound control panel to (again) set it to A2DP it switches to the laptop speakers - I select the "headset" and it switches back to HSP. after a reboot it will occasionally connect to te headset and use A2DP.

I am in the process of trying to figure out the convoluted sound pathway and searching for ways to debug this - ive found bluetoothctl but it hasnt helped much so far.

Can anyone tell me: Why, if it knows the device is capable of A2DP it would ever want to connect with HSP? and
Is there a guide to linux audio setup that explains the use and setup of the various components (Pulse, Jack and so on) ?
(I have googled for that info but havent found anything that i can understand yet)

Cwashpimp
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Does Bluetooth work on Mint 18 Cinnamon?

Post by Cwashpimp » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:19 pm

Yes I use blue tooth for my mouse and keyboard

Return to “Cinnamon”