Cinnamon 2.2.16: Desktop hangs

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
m_kobernyk

Cinnamon 2.2.16: Desktop hangs

Post by m_kobernyk »

Hi,

I'm using Cinnamon 2.2.16 with Debian 8.5 with some sid packages.

[screenshot]

Have several problems:
* selection with mouse just making desktop blue (take a look on screenshot)
* context menu after click in one area is opened in another one. Always the same, so probably it's the first place after system restarting. (take a look at screenshot)
* background image is not changing.

Any suggestions on it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Cinnamon 2.2.16: Desktop hangs

Post by Reorx »

So, you're running Franken-Debian (with an old-ish version of Cinnamon)... I hope I am wrong but I doubt you will get any useful answers here. If you have a separate /home partition, you might be able to get away with installing LMDE2 over your Franken-Debian installation and recycling your /home. Once you update LMDE2, you will be running the Debian 8.something based Mint (Ubu-free) with Cinnamon 3.0 DE. For maximum security, you should backup your data prior to trying this.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Are the problems reproducible in a fresh new user account?
m_kobernyk

Post by m_kobernyk »

Reorx, thanks, with new user this problem is solved. And yes, using sid repos is not a good practice, am going to solve it.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Have you tried LMDE2? It uses Debian 8 (Jessie) as a code base and is completely Ubu-free. In it's current (updated) state, it runs Cinnamon 3.0.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image

Return to “Cinnamon”