ONE Theme Configuration File

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LudgerKoch

ONE Theme Configuration File

Post by LudgerKoch »

Hello,
i am changing my desktop all the time.
Would it not be great to have a Theme-File (kinda) that has all the different Information (Window Borders, icons, Controls, Mouse Pointer, Desktop, Background etc) in one file and change it with ONE click on the fly instead of going into Themes and change everything by hand ? Can't be that hard to accomplish. Also it would make it VERY easy to share or download Themes with other Users. You just have to check that you have all the components in your system. Perhaps later everything could be put into ONE file and makes it even easier to share. If I would be a programmer that would be THE Project I would like to jump on - sadly I'm not.

Is there a global configuration file that includes all the information so that you just copy it and exchange it with another ??

Ludger
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: ONE Theme Configuration File

Post by austin.texas »

Actually, it has been put together in the System Settings > Themes window. That is about as together as it is going to get.
Because of the way themes are constructed (particularly in Cinnamon) a one-click solution is hardly possible.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

Return to “Cinnamon”