module "QtQuick" is not installed

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xjas

module "QtQuick" is not installed

Post by xjas »

Hey guys,

Not sure if this counts as a Cinnamon question or KDE, but I tried to install knetwalk (my favorite little time-wasting puzzle game) on a relatively fresh system of Mint 18.0 with Cinnamon. It seemed to install fine and pulled in all the needed KDE dependencies, but when I try to run it I get the following error:

Code: Select all

$ knetwalk
file:///usr/share/knetwalk/qml/main.qml:18:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed 
     import QtQuick 2.3 
     ^
Segmentation fault
Everything I can tell is that QT5 and QTQuick are installed. I updated to Mint 18.2 but the problem persisted.

I also have K3b installed on the same system and it runs fine, so it's not a problem with the KDE libs. I've run Knetwalk on Cinnamon on other machines in the past (running Mint 13 & 17.x) so I know it can be done.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

EDIT: libqt5quick5 5.5.1-2ubuntu6 is installed according to Synaptic. This is the only version that shows up in the repo. Do I need a different version?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Royi
Level 2
Level 2

Re: module "QtQuick" is not installed

Post by Royi »

Did you solve this?
I'm also missing QtQuick.Dialogs.

How can I install it?

Return to “Cinnamon”