System pause every 5 seconds in 3.4

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jlintz

System pause every 5 seconds in 3.4

Post by jlintz »

Just did a new installation of 18.2 and upgraded to Cinnamon 3.4. Every 5 seconds exactly, there is about a half second pause on my system. If I'm typing, theres just a quick delay and then things resume. Watching video, slight hiccups, then things carry on.

I don't see anything occurring in `op at the time and no errors in dmesg or /var/log/syslog

I'm on a brand new Lenovo X1C 5th generation.

Dropping out of X into a terminal session and I can't reproduce the issue so I'm fairly certain it's related to Cinnamon. Has anyone seen a similar issue or have any suggestions on a fix? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: System pause every 5 seconds in 3.4

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
jlintz

Post by jlintz »

Looks like it ended up being the CPU temp applet that was causing the issues.
patrickogrady

Post by patrickogrady »

I removed the temp applet, but I'm still getting this pause, makes the system unusable for gaming, and very frustrating for other purposes, any help?
visseroth
Level 2
Level 2

Post by visseroth »

Waking this thread up as I'm having the same problem, though it's not every 5 seconds. Was, but I turned off "Sync to VBlank" in NVidia-Settings and it seems to be better, though still persists while watching Netflix in Chrome with the ocational momentary loss of v-sync.

Return to “Cinnamon”