Panel mouse bug with dual monitors

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
leminat
Level 1
Level 1

Panel mouse bug with dual monitors

Post by leminat »

I have two monitors, and on each there is panel on top. I can't drag my mouse when it is on one panel on left monitor to another panel on right monitor and vice versa.

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Panel mouse bug with dual monitors

Post by catweazel »

It isn't exactly clear what you're trying to do. Can you be more specific, please?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

leminat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by leminat »

I don't know how to be more specific. Basically, it's a bug, i can't drag my mouse to other monitor, it stays in right corner of the left screen and can't go to the right one. This only happens when the pointer is on panel. As soon as i lower my mouse from panel, it goes to another monitor.

Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Hoser Rob »

Are the panels the same? Because it sounds like you've set it up as mirrored displays. Go to settings > display and see. You probably want an extended desktop.

leminat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by leminat »

I found the solution. I had to check "Allow pointer to pass through the edges of panels". I think this should be enabled on default

majpooper
Level 6
Level 6

Post by majpooper »

I have three monitors - as my flat screen TV is also a monitor. I noticed early on that to make the mouse easily glide between the monitors I had to have the order in settings>Display match the actual physical order of the monitors i.e. right to left .

rn1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rn1 »

mint 19.3: i had this issue but went to "settings" and then "display" and found that the icons for my two monitors were slighly misaligned vertically, and by making sure both of them had horizontal and vertical surfaces lined up/matching, the mouse pointers effortlessly glided from one monitor to the other as it should (this presumes you have told mint to use an "extended desktop" and not "mirrored displays"
this pointer thing sounds like a bug, but when you think about it, although I had to figure this out, it was simply acting as I had "told" it to, by not having the two icons lined up. yes, windows was more forgiving, the mint's granularity is still a big, big plus.

Return to “Cinnamon”