Cinnamon, Icon placement

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
dmidthun
Level 1
Level 1

Cinnamon, Icon placement

Postby dmidthun » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:46 pm

logging out of the session will reset the customized icon placement to the autoarrange style. Is this a known bug, and how to fix it -- I have tried dconf nemo desktop settings, the autoarrange is off, and snap to grid is off.

I should note that this is a new thing since upgrading to 18.2 from 18.1

Any ideas?
Thanks

mdavies5
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Cinnamon, Icon placement

Postby mdavies5 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:01 pm

I am using 18.2 with all updates. I right click on desktop and set auto arrange to false then move some icons. Logout and login again and the settings have not changed; the icons are still where I left them.
Have you tried the desktop menu to set the option instead of dconf?
Cheers, Mike

Wini
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cinnamon, Icon placement

Postby Wini » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:55 am

Since the update from Cinnamon 3.2 to 3.4 I also have the same problem. I'm using LMDE2 with two screens and the problem appears only on the second screen (not the main screen). I can arrange the icons on this screen but after a complete restart the icons are automatically arranged. It does not happen when I only logout and login again, in this case the icons are still on their positions. I tried a lot of things to solve this problem but without any success. I had also problems after update from 3.0 to 3.2, where icons on the desktop disappeared and where only visible after a restart of Cinnamon trough Ctrl-Alt-Esc.
I hope the update to 3.6 will solve this problem otherwise... you can imagine.

Return to “Cinnamon”