No start response from Cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
markmiller31
Level 1
Level 1

No start response from Cinnamon

Post by markmiller31 »

I have a issue that is starting to get really annoying.

If I double-click on a desktop icon to start say XnView or FIleZilla I will not get any indication from the Cinnamon that the double-click was recognized. Most of the time the program does start but not always. Other programs such as Firefox will instantly change the mouse pointer indicating the double-click was recognized. Some times the after a few second I think the double-click was not recognized so I double-click again.

So is the changing of the mouse pointer to indicate the Double-click, is this a function of the program or of Cinnamon??

Is this some thing I can change to Cinnamon setup to always get either a visual or audible indication the double-click was recognized.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mdavies5
Level 3
Level 3

Re: No start response from Cinnamon

Post by mdavies5 »

It is definitely a program setting not a Cinnamon function. Some programs alter the cursor and some put up a splash screen. The function is the same whether you start from a desktop icon or from the menu
Cheers, Mike

Return to “Cinnamon”