[SOLVED] did the desktop recently change?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ayarrington

[SOLVED] did the desktop recently change?

Post by ayarrington »

Maybe a dumb question, but recently,I've noticed my tabs and such, most noticeable in Firefox, appear very flat, not like they used to. Honestly, I'm not sure this isn't some global "preference" I changed to accommodate a lower-end graphics card(I'm using a netbook with relatively modest hardware specs, but it used to be more visually appealing than it appears now. I know it's not a big deal, but as a former/now disabled i.t. guru, it bothers me that it changed so dramatically unintentionally...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......thanks, all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revian

Re: did the desktop recently change?

Post by revian »

ayarrington wrote:Maybe a dumb question, but recently,I've noticed my tabs and such, most noticeable in Firefox, appear very flat, not like they used to. Honestly, I'm not sure this isn't some global "preference" I changed to accommodate a lower-end graphics card(I'm using a netbook with relatively modest hardware specs, but it used to be more visually appealing than it appears now. I know it's not a big deal, but as a former/now disabled i.t. guru, it bothers me that it changed so dramatically unintentionally...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......thanks, all!
If you've updated Firefox very recently, you are seeing a new version called Firefox Quantum, and yes the UI is very different. A lot of UI tech is slowly moving toward a flat design and using CSS, so we'll be seeing more of that as time goes.
ayarrington

Re: did the desktop recently change?

Post by ayarrington »

Indeed you are correct......thank you for your reply!
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] did the desktop recently change?

Post by Mick-Cork »

One of the good things about CSS is that it allows the user to modify the look and feel of things. I don't like the sharp rectangular tabs in Firefox 57 (Quantum) either and I found the following GitHub page which describes how to retrieve those curves.

https://github.com/wilfredwee/photon-australis

Applied it to my dark FF theme and back to looking good :)

Return to “Cinnamon”