[Solved] LinuxMint 18.3 Cinnamon bug: Moving windows up screws up window size

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Eucalyptus

[Solved] LinuxMint 18.3 Cinnamon bug: Moving windows up screws up window size

Post by Eucalyptus »

Hi,

Just updated to 18.3, I have also added a new monitor beside the laptop. Now it seems like there is a bug in Cinnamon.

When moving the window up, when it touches the top edge, there is a shadow of something but when the mouse button is released. The window loses its original size. It becomes maximize and the height is truncated to about 1/3 of the height of the screen.

The same bug also happens when moving the windows left/right. But thanks goodness, somehow when the windows touches the common edge between 2 monitors, its behaves correctly, i.e. changing the monitor instead of triggering that weird auto resizing.

Hope there will be a fix soon. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: LinuxMint 18.3 Cinnamon bug: Moving windows up screws up window size

Post by catweazel »

It isn't a bug.

Turn off window tiling in System Settings.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Eucalyptus

Post by Eucalyptus »

catweazel wrote:It isn't a bug.
Turn off window tiling in System Settings.
Works perfect thanks. Surprising there is a whole dedicated setting for such a thing. Maybe it is useful after all. I wish there is an additional option in that Window Tiling setting, just to disable that auto behavior on the top edge.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Eucalyptus wrote:Works perfect thanks.
You're most welcome.

Cheers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Cinnamon”