user overrides for themes

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

user overrides for themes

Postby dhdurgee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:39 pm

A while ago I found that there was a way to add the scroller steppers that most themes these days appear to leave out by creating the following file:

~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

containing:

*{
-GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: 1;
-GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: 1;
-GtkRange-slider-width: 13;
-GtkRange-stepper-size: 13;
}

This leads me to wonder if another thing most themes appear to leave out these days, coloring the title bar of the active window to distinguish it from other visible windows, can also be added with an override entry of some sort. I often have multiple windows visible on my desktop and thus I want to know which window will receive keyboard input simply by looking at the desktop.

Does anyone know a similar override that could be added to the gtk.css file to color the title bar of the active window?

I notice there is also a ~/.config/gtk-2.0/ directory. Is there a similar way to deal with application windows that use that level of gtk? How about application windows using cinnamon?

I would like to get these two particular features that most themes leave out today in my user profile so that I don't have to fight every time I upgrade my system to a newer release of mint to get them back.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me in this task.

Dave

Return to “Cinnamon”