Keyboard Icon in Panel size problem in hidpi

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Costas
Level 1
Level 1

Keyboard Icon in Panel size problem in hidpi

Post by Costas »

Hi all,

I have installed 2 keyboard layouts and the icon in the panel is tiny to begin and it increases in size when I hover my mouse over it (and stays correct size). On re-login it goes back to small again.

I have a hidpi display (laptop) 3600x1800
fresh install of LM 18.3 Cinnamon
mint-X icon and window border theme
linux-mint desktop theme

I had problems with the dropbox panel icon which was sorted by downloading bigger icons and replacing the default small icons.

Many thanks for suggestions (and whether this should be registered as a bug?)
initial.jpg
mousehover.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Costas
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Keyboard Icon in Panel size problem in hidpi

Post by Costas »

Another interesting fact is that different themes behave differently. For example in Elegance, mouse hover does not make the icon become bigger.

EDIT: I have found out now that panel applets have their own visualisation rules and these may be hard coded into the applet.js. Likely there is a conflict in the js file of keyboard applet that calculates the wrong size for the icon in hidpi screens when scaling is enabled. I will keep digging. Maybe I will fill a bug report too cause I am not a coder.

Return to “Cinnamon”