[Solved] app icon indicator

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dewayne

[Solved] app icon indicator

Post by dewayne »

Hello all,
My question is how do I turn off these app icon indicators in the system tray applet, you know the ones to the far right of the taskbar beside the clock, volume,network icons, they only appear for some my apps ?
Thanks,

ps . the round blue one is application called Clipgrab,,, and the one with the coffee bean and film clapper board is a application called Kaffeine.

I cant find anything in settings to turn these annoyances off, right clicking them only gives option to restore or quit the apllication :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: app icon indicator

Post by Cosmo. »

Not really clear what you mean and what you want.

The section in the panel, which you mean, is the system tray. You can remove the system tray completely, but it is doubtful, if this makes sense. Anyway, if you want to do this, right click the panel on an empty place, select to add an applet, select in the list the system tray applet and right click it to remove it from the panel.

If you want to remove single icons from the system tray, than it depends from the application, if this is possible. Some applications provide an option to (not) show the tray icon, others do not have such an option.

BTW: There is a detail in your screen shot, which attracts attention: There is no icon for the update manager. I wonder why?
ozarkbeard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ozarkbeard »

BTW: There is a detail in your screen shot, which attracts attention: There is no icon for the update manager. I wonder why?
Perhaps the OP has chosen to only show the update manager icon when there are updates available. That's how I have mine set, to reduce tray notification clutter.
ozarkbeard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ozarkbeard »

dewayne wrote:Hello all,
My question is how do I turn off these app icon indicators in the system tray applet...
I cant find anything in settings to turn these annoyances off, right clicking them only gives option to restore or quit the aplication
Look in the preferences for each app that has a notification icon you wish to hide.

Return to “Cinnamon”