Looking for a pre-installed app in cinnamon (SOLVED)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Prsman
Level 4
Level 4

Looking for a pre-installed app in cinnamon (SOLVED)

Post by Prsman »

Hi everyone. I was running the cinnamon desktop but for various reasons I am now running xfce. In the menu there is an app that lets you see the auth.log, syslog and xorg.conf in the app. I cant remember what it is called. It is not gnome-logs. Can some please tell the name. I want to install it in my desktop. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Looking for a pre-installed app in cinnamon

Post by karlchen »

gnome-system-log
But xorg.conf is by default not on the list of files which gnome-system-log will display, because it is not a logfile.
Yet, as it is a pure text file (configuration file), it would be possible to navigate xorg.xonf and add it to the list of files which gnome-system-log displays on your system.
Or do you actually mean the logfile Xorg.0.log, not xorg.conf?
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Prsman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Looking for a pre-installed app in cinnamon

Post by Prsman »

Thanks karichen. Thats the app I want. And you are right, its Xorg.0.log, not Xorg.conf :D

Return to “Cinnamon”