Show underline button shortcuts Mint-X theme

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CrazyGirl

Show underline button shortcuts Mint-X theme

Post by CrazyGirl »

Hi, using the Cinnamon desktop and Mint-X theme and I can't figure out how to always show button shortcut underlines (OK, Cancel, etc).

Also, in many tools in System Settings, such as Theme, General, there is no keyboard operation at all or at least no keyboard cursor (such as a dotted outline on the current selected control) at all so I can't tell what is the current active control in the Sound panel. Although in that panel I can tab to different elements and manipulate them with the arrow keys, there is nothing showing the user what the current active control is. As someone who navigates by keyboard this is frustrating. Mousekeys is inefficient in this scenario (also no numpad here). Support for this would go a long way in helping disabled users.

Common shortcuts such as CTRL+Q or CTRL+W or ALT+F4 to close/quit are also inconsistent, sometimes it's one, sometimes the other, and not any one will work all of the time.

Is keyboard control just not a priority or are there settings I am missing? I looked in Accessibility and there is nothing related.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”