Hover over folder opens it.

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theoldfellow

Hover over folder opens it.

Post by theoldfellow »

Is there a way of changing the time you have to hover over a folder in Nemo (18.3) before it opens the folder. It is far far far too quick for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Hover over folder opens it.

Post by Cosmo. »

Which settings did you change to get the folder opened by hovering? I see only the option for a single click instead of a double click in the preferences, but a behavior as you described is obviously something different.
theoldfellow

Post by theoldfellow »

OK, maybe I need to explain more.

This behaviour is only when I am dragging something to the folder. If I drag and drop quickly (so quickly I may have the wrong folder.....) then it doesn't open the dropped-into-folder, but if I hesitate, for less than a second, the folder opens - I want to defeat that behaviour. Thunar does it my way, if Nemo can't be changed, I guess I'll have to use Thunar.

My Preferences are as installed, apart from having List View as default (hate icon view's waste of screen real estate)
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

In principle the behavior is intended for the case, that you want to put the object into an subfolder. But I cannot reproduce the behavior, that the folder gets expanded after 1 second, it takes 3 seconds here. I a also not aware that this timeout is somewhere configurable.

So I have no idea, why this is so quick for you. You might create a fresh new user account and compare the behavior there.

Return to “Cinnamon”