Numix-Cinnamon-Transparent theme not transparent

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I want to add some transparency to my Minty themed menu but need the code. LM 18.3 Cinnamon 3.6.7

I saw that code in an old thread but it did not work for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I have the Numix-Cinnamon-Transparent theme on my LM 18.3 Cinnamon system but the menu is opaque (black). How do I make it transparent?
Last edited by Ozo on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sig

Re: Cinnamox-Cinnamon-Transparent theme not transparent

Post by sig »

In settings got to "Extentions" then go to "Download" and install "Transparent Panel". Once installed then go to "Manage" and add "Transparent Panel". Once that is done click the settings button on the far right and select the kind of transparency you want it.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

sig wrote:In settings got to "Extentions" then go to "Download" and install "Transparent Panel". Once installed then go to "Manage" and add "Transparent Panel". Once that is done click the settings button on the far right and select the kind of transparency you want it.
Thats the panel which I have (but can not see). I want the menu to be transparent.

Here is the current menu (Numix-Cinnamon-Transparent) which is supposed to be transparent but is opaque.

Return to “Cinnamon”