Make Cinnamon do what Windows does

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CarterCox

Make Cinnamon do what Windows does

Post by CarterCox »

Hi! I am using Cinnamon (LM 18.3) right now. The thing I like the most is the snapping, makes me not miss Windows that much. However, there is something missing that Windows (as in MS Windows) can do:

When I snap a window (let's say to the right half) and resize it (by expanding or shrinking it from the left side only) and I snap a new window to the left, this new window will take 50% of the screen, which sucks, because one of two things will happen:

1- It will cover my window on the right partially (If I expanded the right window initially):

2- It will leave an empty space (If I shrunk the right window initially):

The way Windows would work is different. I would snap the window not to cover 50% of the screen, but to cover what's free, like this:

Also, if both are already snapped and fitting 100% of the screen, and I were to resize one of them, the other one would adjust automatically and follow it. Now the big question:

Is there any way to make Cinnamon behave this way?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”