Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
g3rb
Level 1
Level 1

bug when switch user session

Post by g3rb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 am

Hi,

I'm working on a park of 2k+ computers running linux mint 18.2 cinnamon. This version is really nice and works well (stable, quick etc), thanks to the developers.
Since we choosed this version we have had a bug when we switch from one to another user session (this bug affect every kind of our computers (hp8000 - 8200 - 8300 - G1 - G3 Desktop models) :
- I connect the user 1.
- I switch to user 2 (witout closing the session)
- Wait a bit (min 30 minutes) (!! I have no screensaver and all is set to Never in the Power Options (Power Management))
- switch to user 1 (without closing the session)

and then I can log in but
--- the cinnamon Menu doesn't response (sometimes I can see it completely, sometimes not) - I can see my mouse cursor but I can't clic.
--- The same for every "applet" (like user Applet) which don't print anything when I clic on it.
--- Nemo seems to open correctly (I see it in the "windows quick list" applet)but I can't see anything on my screen.

I tried every updates (18.2), I tried to upgrade to 18.3, I tried the 4.10 then 4.13 kernel. I tried to set a pass for every users, add and remove from the "nopasswd" group, Nothing works.

The only way is to restart the session manager or cinnamon to have a working environment. But if I can do it the users don't have always this reasoning.

This bug is really problematic because our users use often the multi-users functions and almost always without closing their session.

Is it possible to do something ? Is it a known bug ?

Thanks

g3rb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: bug when switch user session

Post by g3rb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 am

g3rb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: bug when switch user session

Post by g3rb » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 am

I tried to add and use a geforce graphic card and had the same result (The time I have to wait without use the computer is not really clear for now.. Maybe 30-40 min) but if you wait long enough the bug always occur. So not a problem of Intel Graphics

Return to “Cinnamon”