[SOLVED] Panel Previews Missing

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

[SOLVED] Panel Previews Missing

Post by Ozo »

The pop up previews no longer display. Now it just pops up the name. I tried a Timeshift but no. My system info is below. There are other panel problems too. The active items are missing but when hot corners opens Desktop #1 they are seen there.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: [SOLVED] Panel Previews Missing

Post by Ozo »

I solved it by resetting the panel. I had to manually reset all the options but it is all good. :D

The reset command for various distros is at this link. the command I used for Cinnamon was ( gsettings reset-recursively org.cinnamon ).

https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2195
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

If this happens again right click the window list (b some users called incorrectly taskbar) -> configure. There is a setting for showing the previews; you must have disabled it.

For the future please provide the system specs as terminal output:
In the terminal enter:

Code: Select all

inxi -Sz
Paste the output here.

You need to give this information for every help request in every thread.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

In Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 "Sylvia" a right click of the "panel" does not produce a "config" option and Panel Settings does not have a setting for excluding the previews, at least not one I can see.

Also, I disagree that the panel is supposed to be called "Windows List". It is obviously called "the panel" (see photo}.

Last edited by Ozo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

You clicked on the wrong place. My advice was:
Cosmo. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:21 pm If this happens again right click the window list (b some users called incorrectly taskbar) -> configure.
The window list is not the panel. It is inside the panel. The popup you show does only appear, if you right click on an empty place in the panel.
If you would have right clicked the window list and clicked there to configure (this opens actually at first a sub-menu) and then the about command: Guess yourself, which name does get displayed there (or look it up).
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I got it. You are referring to the Windows List Applet. I would never have thought to right click the icon group. You are right, with no Windows List Applet the same symptoms I described are duplicated. I am certain however that I did not physically remove that applet but if ever the Gremlin in my machine decides to do that again, I will simply reinstall the app... Thanks for the advise. :)

Return to “Cinnamon”