Missing Recent Files menu option [SOLVED]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sheepdog
Level 1
Level 1

Missing Recent Files menu option [SOLVED]

Post by sheepdog »

I have just reinstalled with 18.3 to fix a problem that arose and everything is now working well except that the main Mint Menu is missing the Recent Files option. "Places" is there. How do I enable the Recent Files option. I've been through the menu configuration but do not find a solution there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Missing Recent Files menu option

Post by jimallyn »

Which desktop version are you using? Some desktops never had it. Cinnamon did, but no longer does in 18.3. There is an applet you can install to add Recent Files to the panel in XFCE, perhaps in whichever version you are using, too?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

jimallyn wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 am Cinnamon did, but no longer does in 18.3.
Not quite true. To show the history in the menu you have to open the privacy settings of the system and activate the function. What 18.3 (Cinnamon 3.6) has changed is, that this is off by default; but it is still there.
sheepdog
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sheepdog »

Cosmo. wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:46 am
jimallyn wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 am Cinnamon did, but no longer does in 18.3.
Not quite true. To show the history in the menu you have to open the privacy settings of the system and activate the function. What 18.3 (Cinnamon 3.6) has changed is, that this is off by default; but it is still there.
Perfect! Thank you. I would never have found this on my own.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Cool, now please mark the thread as [SOLVED] in the title of the first post. Thanks! :)

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Earthseaged

Re: Missing Recent Files menu option [SOLVED]

Post by Earthseaged »

Thanks Cosmo. Your reply has solved the problem for me too.

Return to “Cinnamon”